Saturday, July 11, 2009

Have you got Rhythm?

I found this interesting article on rhythms and it got me thinking about my own rhythms. I tend to be an early to bed-early to rise person with regular mealtimes, but without much "downtime" (or "build up time" as they call it in the article) or recreation. You see, for the past year, since True Health first acquired our current clinic location in Tualatin, I've been working 6-7 days per work. Part time at a side job and part time at the clinic. I've taken a few vacations to try to catch up on my rest, but usually returned feeling like I needed a vacation from my vacation.

My body gave me a good wake up call last month when I threw my back out and realized, oh yeah, my health is my number one priority and this is not healthy. So, I'm making a change.
Starting July 20th, I'll be taking patient appointments Monday through Thursday (hours by appointment). Though I'm expanding my hours at True Health, I'm decreasing the number of days and the total hours that I'm working overall by releasing my side job. That, along with my morning Tai ji practice and some dance classes, should be a great start to getting myself back in rhythm!

Discussion:
  • What's the rhythm of your day like? Does it vary a lot? Is it in alignment with nature's rhythms?
  • What's your number one priority? If health isn't number one for you right now, where does it fall in the list?
  • What habits do you have that are in alignment with your priorities? What habits do you have that are out of alignment with your priorities?

No comments: